|The West Bengal Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes Development & Finance Corporation was constituted in the year 1976 through an Act, amended in 1980 & 1981. The Corporation has the mandate for economic development of SC/ST beneficiaries living below the poverty line. Moreover, the Corporation can take up activities which have a bearing upon social, educational, economic & cultural development of SC/ST communities in the State. The State Government holds 51% and the Government of India holds 49% share of the Corporation. The Corporation started functioning with authorized share capital of R. 200.00 crore.|
|Head Quarters of the Corporation is located at CF-217/A/1 Sector-I, Salt Lake, Kolkata -700064. The Corporation functions through 19 District Branch Offices located at District HQs. Senior State Civil Service cadre officer are posted as District Manager of the District Branch.|
|The Corporation is constituted with 21 Members including Official & non-official members and is headed by Hon'ble MIC, Backward Classes Welfare Department as Chairman.|
|Following schemes are being implemented by the Corporation in association with District Administration, Block Administration and Three-tier PR Bodies and functionaries in the State:-|
|For SC beneficiaries|
1. Medium Term Loans -Banks,Margin Money- beneficiary and Subsidy - SCA to SCP.
2. Term Loan by National Scheduled Castes Finance & Development Corporation (NSFDC).
3. Laghu Vyabsayee Yojana (LVY) of NSFDC for Small Units with Project Cost up to Rs. 2 Lakh.
4. Shilpi Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) for SC Artisans.
5. Mahila Samriddhi Yojana (MSY) for Women beneficiaries.
6. Education Loan of NSFDC for SC students for pursuing Technical/ Professional Courses.
|For ST beneficiaries|
1. Assistance to Self Help Groups of Scheduled Tribes under SCA to TSP.
2. Term Loan by National Scheduled Tribes Finance & Development Corporation (NSTFDC)
3. Adibasi Mahila Swashaktikaran Yojana (AMSY) for Women beneficiaries.
|For Safai Karmachari|
|1. Term Loan byNational Safai Karmachari Finance & Development Corporation (NSKFDC)|
1. Uttar Banga Sech Samabay Prakalpa (UBSSP)- NSFDC Loan + Subsidy from SCA to SCP + Promoters contribution
2. Mobile Health Care - NSFDC Loan (For Ambulance)+ State Government Fund.
3. Krishi Shramik Kaylan Kendra (KSKK) - to popularize self-employment schemes.
4. Housing Scheme for economically weaker sections - State Government Fund.
5. Job-focused Training Programme - Plastics Technology & Engineering (CIPET) / New Age Security Guard / Personal Development Programme (Dual certification by Microsoft &Bourneville College, UK), Spoken English ( Virtual learning environment), Spanish